What you should know about who we are and what we’re looking for:
- First off – Quad Employees: Quad employees are off limits. Even if a person quits Quad, even if a person is fired from Quad, it is likely that he/she is/will be off limits to work for any organization/entity that has anything to do with Mark Wright. Seriously. Don’t do anything rash.
- But what about…? The exceptions are few, far between, and generally required legal and contractual voodoo that has already taken place. Besides, Quad has like, what, 10 weeks vacation? Plus, packaging is the only growing segment of the print industry; why would anyone leave that for a start-up printing company?
- Yes, this is a start-up. And as such, we have limited spaces to fill and a startup budget to consider. I’m not trying to talk you out of applying, I just want you to be cognizant of the real deal. Everyone has to start somewhere and we intend to begin one shift on each machine, with some folks working more than one machine.
- The worst shifts, in fact. Please do not apply if you are unable or unwilling to work nights, a mid-shift, or (Print-Gods willing) overtime. And I don’t mean just “at the beginning” because our crystal ball has been working hard already and refuses to give us this information.
- Another thing about small business. If you’ve ever said, or even grumbled, “That’s not my job” please do not apply. We are looking for trade craftsmen who are also willing to paint, clean, move, ship, and learn something new.
- Lots of learning. In fact, we are looking for a small but mighty team who are so excited about learning new things that they are willing to eat, sleep, and likely dream about the future of print.
- Speaking of that Mighty Team – This team includes every department, every shift, every print partner, and every customer. Our team will build, teach, learn, share, rally, and work hard for each other. Please throw out all your “old feelings” about any one (or two) coworkers, managers, or even customers, this thing will only work if we are willing to lock arms and go in together.
- Do I have to fill out an application? Yes. Every potential employee has to fill out an application. If you have a resume, feel free to complete the application and send the resume, too.
- When will you start hiring? We have started a very few conversations, we will start more over the next few weeks, we hope to continue having conversations all the rest of this year, and Print-Gods willing, the next year, too. (see Start-Up)
- When are you starting employees? Start dates will be determined based on equipment arrivals then based on customer demand. Remember, the customer is a critical part to our mighty team and as they demand more, we will rally.
- I used to work for Wright Printing, am I guaranteed a job? I think you know the answer to this, but I’ll say it anyway: No. No one is guaranteed a job because of previous employment at Wright Printing. Please, do not quit your current job. Do not build your plans around ours until we can make them together. Also remember that, as stated above, we expect and truly hope there will be waves of employment opportunities. If we can’t work together in wave one (for lack of a better term) that, in many circumstances, means only that the complexities of staffing the start-up version don’t match to your application. With every growth step we will improve our team, but the puzzle pieces will take time to put together.
- If I don’t hear from you, should I apply again? We will keep all applications on file for 2016. **Update: Note: applications submitted before January of 2018 will need to be resubmitted with current information for consideration of 2018 hiring requirements.
- You know what? This actually sounds awesome. What do I do next? Download the application and mail it in.
We are proud to have worked with many of the finest people in the Omaha printing community. We hope to continue in that tradition and maybe even recruit and train a few more.
Thanks for thinking of being a part of our team. – Mardra Sikora
You can use this contact form to reach out with any further questions.